Sistema de Garantía Interno de Calidad
At EDEM we embrace the maxim that “what is not measured, does not improve.” Therefore, it is of vital importance for us to have designed and implemented an Internal Quality Assurance policy, implemented through a set of procedures that yield useful and relevant information and indicators to carry out a process of continuous improvement that will allow us to achieve excellence throughout our programs, all within the framework of the European Higher Education Area.
Our Internal Quality Assurance System aims to meet the quality requirements set down in Royal Decree (RD) 1393/2007, amended by RD 861/2010, according to which it must apply three processes: verification (designing a curriculum for any new degree program); follow-up (confirmation that the degree program is being properly implemented); and accreditation (testing to verify that the project has been satisfactorily carried out).
The body responsible for ensuring the adequacy of and compliance with this IAQS is the Centre Quality Committee, composed of representatives of all the stakeholders in the degree program.
For its Engineering degree the EDEM has adopted the same Internal Quality Assurance System as for its Business Administration Degree, which has been certified by the National Agency for the Evaluation of Quality and Accreditation (ANECA). Therefore, we structure our IQAS in the following seven dimensions:
Objective: To improve the quality of the aspects encompassed by each degree program, such as the adequacy of its curriculum and the competencies that must be acquired by graduates.
- PF1 Competency review procedure
Objective: To guarantee the quality of the most important processes related to the organization of the education, both as regards the academic and teaching program, as well as the recruitment, selection, enrolment and admission of students.
- OE1 Teaching Scheduling Procedure
- OE2 Student selection, admission and enrolment procedure
- OE3 Academic Scheduling Procedure
- OE4 Student recruitment procedure
Objective: To improve the quality of the teaching staff, ensuring that their selection, education, evaluation and recognition ensures that they can perform their assigned functions.
- RH1 Teaching and Research Staff recruitment and selection procedure
- RH2 Procedure for the evaluation of Teaching and Research Staff
- RH3 Teaching and Research Staff training procedure
Objective: To manage services and material resources properly, applying continuous improvement in a regular and systematic way.
- RM1 Material resources management procedure
Objective: To govern how the instructional activities are oriented to the students’ educations, rooted in information adequate to define their needs, in order to guarantee their effective execution.
- DE1 Teaching/Learning evaluation procedure
- DE2 Extracurricular internship procedure
- DE3 Student mobility procedure
- DE4 Student orientation procedure
- DE5 Career guidance procedure
Objective: To measure and analyze the results of the procedures. The reports generated, based on stakeholder satisfaction indicators and surveys, are the foundational information for this evaluation, guaranteeing decision-making based on objective and measurable data.
- RE1 Procedure for measuring stakeholder satisfaction
- RE2 Procedure for the analysis and measurement of results
Objective: To guarantee that the Quality Assurance System procedures for the degree are implemented.
- SG1 Public information procedure
- SG2 Procedure for handling and review of incidents
- SG3 Procedure for the drafting and revision of the quality policy and objectives
- SG4 Procedure for curricular recommendations and modifications
The continuous improvement of procedures and, therefore, the degree program, is based on their regular revision and the drafting of Evaluation Reports by the Quality Committee, based on objective and measurable information obtained through Satisfaction Surveys of the interested groups and Indicators.
Adaptation to the two degree programs in progress.